So if you're a dedicated sport shooter

Discuss the good and the bad of licencing and re-licencing your firearms

So if you're a dedicated sport shooter

Postby Shannow » Mon, 2008-07-28 18:31

Will they give you a second handgun in the same caliber if it has a longer barrel and is suited better to target shooting?
An armed society is a polite society.
Shannow

Re: So if you're a dedicated sport shooter

Postby jacques » Tue, 2008-07-29 11:36

According to SAGA (http://www.saga.org.za/FCA_basics.htm):

" Dedicated Collectors, Sportsmen and Hunters

Theoretically they will be exempt from the numerical limits, but will have to prove a need for each firearm.
To apply for a licence in this category you have to belong to a relevant association that has been accredited. The associations will have to submit annual reports on member participation, on anyone applying to be a member and on membership status to the Central Firearms Register.
Bona fide status will no longer apply as the firearm licence itself is now category based. "

So yes, I think you can get two handguns, provided you can support a reason for each one. They may be pretty picky on the reason however.

Shannow wrote:Will they give you a second handgun in the same caliber if it has a longer barrel and is suited better to target shooting?
jacques

Postby wrm » Thu, 2008-07-31 12:36

I have two 357 Magnums (Self Defence and dedicated sport), and three .22 handguns (a revolver, a pistol, and a bolt action, all three for dedicated sport).

I also have *cough*twentytwo*cough* application forms that I'm taking in Real Soon Now, this includes another 22 handgun for sport shooting and a bunch of 22s, 9mms, 38 specials and at least one more 357, all as a collector.

This should be fun :)
[x]No Guns [x]No Rights [x]No Future [x]No Way
wrm

Return to Licencing and re-licencing