2007-04-10 : Dad tells of ordeal as thieves shoot daughter

http://www.pretorianews.co.za <br>
letters@pretorianews.co.za or submit letters via website<br>
Fax: 012 328 7166

Moderator: GenMod

2007-04-10 : Dad tells of ordeal as thieves shoot daughter

Postby GOSA » Wed, 2007-04-11 08:27

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=vn20070410044322696C515126

Dad tells of ordeal as thieves shoot daughter

April 10 2007 at 05:25AM

By Cornelia du Plooy

A Centurion father has spoken of his ordeal after three armed men broke into his home and shot his daughter in the face.

The family was attacked at Krishnasamy Naidoo's Raslouw plot at 3am on Sunday morning and shot his daughter Bijan Reddy, 39, in her bedroom.

Naidoo said the men gained entry to the house through the extension he is building for his grandson. "The putty on one of the windows was still wet, so they basically pushed the glass pane out."

'He phoned my son Kushlan who was in another part of the house' The men had made their way through the interleading door when his grandson Reshay, 15, heard the noise.

"He phoned my son Kushlan who was in another part of the house and told him what was happening.

"It seems the robbers were on their way to my room when they heard Reshay make the call.

"They entered the room where Reshay and Bijan were sleeping. They overpowered her and shot her in the chin. The bullet then lodged in her shoulder.

"Kushlan heard the screams and came running with his gun. He fired 15 shots wounding each of the robbers.

"One died on the scene, one made it to the R55 where he collapsed and police arrested him. The third suspect is still at large," said Naidoo.

Unitas Hospital spokesperson Corne Bekker confirmed that Reddy was in a stable condition in the hospital's high care unit. Naidoo said his daughter would have to undergo recontructive surgery.

A case of housebreaking and attempted murder is being investigated.

o This article was originally published on page 2 of Pretoria News on April 10, 2007
What have YOU done for YOUR rights today?
GOSA
Site Admin

Return to The Pretoria News