Cop busted for stealing guns

Articles and Essays from other websites, of interest to our members.

Moderator: GenMod

Cop busted for stealing guns

Postby Leitmotif » Sat, 2006-10-07 10:13

http://www.sowetan.co.za/szones/sowetanNEW/news/news1160025113.asp

Cop up for theft, sale of police weapons

Thursday October 05, 2006 07:11 - (SA)

Ntwaagae Seleka

A policeman has been arrested and charged with stealing firearms from a the Vaal Rand police weapons safe and selling them.

One of the stolen firearms has been identified as having been used in a murder incident in Sebokeng two months ago.

Police could not say yesterday who the victim of the shooting was, but said the gun had been positively linked to the murder.

Constable [Redacted 2015-11-03], 29, appeared in the Vereeniging magistrates’ court yesterday along with two co-accused, [Redacted], 35, and [Redacted], 32. The trial was postponed to October 25. after having been arrested by Vaal Rand police.

[Redacted], who was stationed at the the headquarters of the Vaal Rand police station, is suspected of being linked to the disappearance of about 50 firearms from the police station’s safe.

[Redacted] appeared with two other men, [Redacted], 35, and [Redacted], 32, and magistrate Bruno van Eeden postponed the case to October 25.

Police said [Redacted], who has an LLB degree, was employed in the legal services department of the the headquarters of the Vaal Rand police.

Police said one of the stolen firearms had been identified as having been used in a murder in Sebokeng two months ago.

Police could not say yesterday who the victim of the shooting was, but said the gun had been positively linked to the murder. Inspector Trudie Wilken said [Redacted] had been arrested after a man held in connection with the Sebokeng murder told the police that he had bought a firearm from [Redacted].

Wilken said that follow-up investigations had then revealed that 50 different types of the weapons had been stolen from the safe, including 9mm pistols, .38 special handguns, other handguns and assault rifles.

“Only a few of the firearms stolen have been recovered. Investigations will lead to more arrests.”[Redacted] is facing departmental charges and a criminal case.

[Redacted], [Redacted] and [Redacted] are expected to appear in court again on October 25.
« Gun control is simply a more acceptable term than Victim disarmament. »
Leitmotif

Re: Cop busted for stealing guns

Postby GOSA » Tue, 2015-11-03 09:27

Date: Nov 3, 2015 8:02 AM
Subject: REMOVAL OF DAMAGING ALLEGATIONS

Dear Webmaster

A google search of my name [Redacted] reveals that your site posted allegations that I was charged for stealing and selling police firearms in 2006.

It fails to mention that we were all acquitted in January 2010 as we could not be linked to the case and those allegations were proven to be false.
The continued availability of those proven false allegations is very harmful and it leaves a dark cloud hanging over my head.

I therefore kindly request you to take necessary steps to remove those damaging false allegations.

Your favourable consideration of my request will be highly appreciated.

Yours faithfully
[Redacted]
What have YOU done for YOUR rights today?
GOSA
Site Admin

Return to From all over